Thursday, March 29, 2012

Team changes and Loyalties...is this a trend in society?

As I see the changes made during the off season, one changes in particular makes me wonder about our society as a whole. When the Broncos took on Peyton Manning, leaving Tim Tebow moving to the Jets, what does that say to players who stay with the teams they start with and retire from them? Is there a becoming a fad in the NFL, in our lives? No matter how much of an asset you are to the team or how much of a bond created, it is time to move. After 14 seasons for Peyton, it just makes me wonder where is the commitment and stick-ability people showed to anything they started. This crosses the football board, it goes into everything. You have sports moves like Lebron James and his move to Miami and going into jobs saying you are complacent after being there for several years. This can even go into families with the rate of divorce being at one of its highest. Thing I seem to miss is what happened to people showing an ability to have loyalties and society welcomes it. My mom was told that being on a job too long showed laziness or being content with where you are. Gone are the days when being in one job for years is a good thing. Now it is necessary to move. I have met people that have had several teams in a life time or can say they have more than one team they go for. That is ridiculous. Where is your loyalty? What happened to one team, your blood running that color? I know mine does, bleeds COWBOY blue and no other team can take that away. I admire other players on teams but nothing makes me want to jump on this two team band waggon. I just wonder is this becoming a fad in our society, is this being taught to our children? At the end of the day, loyalties go beyond the field, they come into our homes and jobs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment